STEWARDING SERVICES FRANCHISE
Ashburnham Golf Club is a friendly, private members club, situated in Carmarthenshire, in South Wales. The Club was established in 1894 and is currently ranked 5th in Wales by Golf World magazine. A classic links course which has been host to numerous high level tournaments throughout its history.
The Club is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for this position.
The potential bidder(s) should be able to demonstrate their ability to provide a quality service for members and visitors alike within a Golf Club environment.
We would expect the successful bidder to be able to provide:
- A full restaurant service for members and non-members, offering freshly prepared food benefitting from the premium venue;
- A full catering service for member and non-member functions including: weddings; anniversaries; private parties; conferences; wakes and theme nights;
- A full catering service for all golf club related social functions including club matches and visiting society days;
- A full bar service;
- Hot and Cold bar snacks and breakfasts.
The ideal candidate(s) should:
- Be experienced in providing the Bar and Catering Operations, preferably in a Golf Club environment;
- Be commercially minded with a track record of developing the business;
- Be innovative and creative to ensure the club thrives in a highly competitive environment;
- Have the ability and business acumen to expand the Catering Operation and increase revenues and profitability;
- Want to work in partnership with the club;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Be flexible in terms of man-power, to cope with the fluctuating demands of the membership and visitors;
- Have a proven record of Food Hygiene and compliance with Safety Standards with working experience of all relevant regulations;
- Have high personal and professional standards and be able to demonstrate an attention to detail and excellent customer service;
- Be compliant with all pertinent employment regulations relating to its staff and have a proven track record in the management of its staff.
- Possess the necessary licences for providing the Bar and Catering services.
This is an excellent opportunity for Professional Caterers, Restaurant Managers, or current Golf Club caterers looking to develop a successful business opportunity. Residential accommodation is on site in a spacious two bedroom flat offering panoramic views.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the management of the day to day running of the Clubhouse bar facilities. We offer a fully equipped kitchen, with a small restaurant overlooking the Gower peninsula which has a dining capacity of 60, a lounge with seating for 30+ and a function room catering for up to 100+ people.
Please apply in the first instance by email, including your C.V. and current job description and any relevant references by 25th August 2017 to:
Club Manager, Ashburnham Golf Club, Cliffe Terrace, Burry Port, Carmarthenshire, SA16 0HN.
Tel: 01554 832269
STRI Report (Sports Turf Research Institute)
I am really pleased to be able to inform the members that our recent STRI (Sports Turf Research Institute) report has shown excellent results and it is a commendation to the hard work of our green staff. The Course is proving to improve year on year with our aim to continue to focus on the course to keep this improvement going. A copy of the STRI report is available to view in the main foyer and also available to view here – STRI REPORT
Aled Greville had an excellent result at the North Wales Boys Championship finishing an extremely credible 3rd. Results can be viewed by clicking here. We wish Aled the best of luck for the rest of the season.
Official Press Release
Senior Open Qualifying courses for 2017
Four of Wales’ leading golf courses have been announced as host venues for the Monday Qualifying prior to the 2017 Senior Open Championship Presented by Rolex, which returns to Royal Porthcawl Golf Club from July 27-30, for the second time in four years.
Ashburnham, Pyle & Kenfig and Southerndown were used as qualifying venues in 2014, and the inclusion of Machynys for the first time brings the number of venues to four from three used two years ago.
A total of 38 spots were available for those who successfully qualified for this year’s Senior Open Championship, joining a field comprising the world’s best over-50s golfers, including Bernhard Langer, Colin Montgomerie, Tom Watson and 2016 Senior Open Champion, Paul Broadhurst.
Regarded as one of the best golf courses in west Wales, Ashburnham has hosted a number of Welsh Amateur Championships and Harry Vardon, six-time winner of The Open, said the course in Carmarthenshire was his favourite out of all the courses in Wales.
The course is over 6,600 yards in length, and a course record of just 66 proves this is a worthy site for Senior Open Championship qualification. Ryder Cup Captains Bernard Gallacher and Sam Torrance have previously won at Ashburnham, with Gallacher triumphing in the 1969 PGA Championship and Torrance capturing his second European Tour title in the 1976 Martini Open.
The newest addition for Senior Open Qualifying, the Nicklaus-designed Machynys Clwb Golff is held in high esteem by a number of European Tour professionals, including Tommy Fleetwood who believes the course is ‘the best man-made links in the world’.
At 7,121 yards, the course has hosted the 2012 Seniors Amateur Championship, the 2013 Ladies’ British Open Amateur Championship and the Wales Ladies Championship of Europe for four years.
Pyle & Kenfig, just 10 minutes’ drive from Royal Porthcawl, stretches over 6,800 yards with a par of 71. The course hosted the 2009 Senior Ladies British Open Amateur Championship and co-hosted the 2016 Amateur Championship along with Royal Porthcawl Golf Club.
Southerndown has seen numerous changes since it was opened in 1905, but is no stranger to hosting prestigious events, including the 1968 Martini International, won by home favourite Brian Huggett, and the Piccadilly Medal in both 1970 and 1971.
Johnnie Cole-Hamilton, Executive Director – Championships at The R&A, said on behalf of the Championship: “We are very much looking forward to returning to Royal Porthcawl for the 2017 Senior Open Championship Presented by Rolex. We are delighted to revisit the three qualifying courses from 2014 – Ashburnham Golf Club, Pyle & Kenfig Golf Club and Southerndown Golf Club for the Monday qualifying event.
“With the addition of Machynys Golf Club, we have four superb venues for next year’s qualifying that will test the professional and amateur golfers alike as they attempt to qualify for the 2017 Championship.”
Qualifying for the 2017 Senior Open Championship Presented by Rolex will take place on Monday, July 24.