Office & Administration Staff
Assistant Secretary/Manager, Ashburnham Golf Club
Closing Date: 25th February 2022
Ashburnham Golf Club is one of the premier golf clubs in Wales and has been host to various large tournaments both amateur and professional. To maintain and improve this reputation and continue to thrive, a team of professional and enthusiastic people working at the club is required. The aim is for the quality of the Member and Visitor experience to be of the highest standard.
Reporting directly to the Secretary/Manager, the Assistant Secretary/Manager will play a key role within the team. The responsibilities and characteristics of this role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with the management of the tee booking system, ensuring that information is up to date and accurate.
- Assisting with the management of club and open competitions.
- Welcoming visitors and societies and informing them on relevant Club information. Also, to include up-selling the Club’s extra services, such as catering and buggies.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of green fee income.
- Helping to develop new green fee business and dealing with tour operators.
- Dealing with day-to-day Member queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisting with the management of membership subscriptions.
- Assisting with communications to the membership.
- Assisting with the management of the Clubs web site, ensuring that information is up to date and accurate.
Health and Safety
- To carry our regular Health and Safety checks and liaise with the Secretary/Manager on any outstanding Health and Safety matters.
- Action any related points to the Fire Risk Assessment.
Desired Attributes/ Qualifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Service and member-focused attitude
- Good telephone and email manner
- A knowledge of golf would be helpful but not essential.
The position will be based upon 20 hours per week and pay above minimum wage.
To apply, candidates should send a letter or email highlighting their motivation for the role and an up-to-date CV.
Please contact: email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 25th February 2022